Node.JS provides a powerful platform for programming the generation of static HTML files. This site is the result of an example build system.
Currently Supported Features
This project breaks up source files across the three major divisions of modern Web development:
- and Markup
- Grunt-powered linting with JShint
- Grunt-powered minification with UglifyJS
- Grunt managed assets provide vendor, development, and production scripts (yay automated copying)
- Asynchronously loaded in the browser with yepnope
- Stylus preprocessing language
- Includes both Fluidity & Axis Frameworks
- Design adapted from LESS snippet for Solarized syntax highlighting color scheme.
- Responsive Grid setup with variable breakpoints.
- Can use vanilla CSS alongside Stylus
- HTML5 Boilerplate inspired template
- Extensive use of Jade
- Locals module can provide helpers & is tested
- Exposes local helpers as mixins when possible
- Works with Markdown via Marked
- Generates syntax-highlighted source code as HTML with Pygments, then templates with Jade
Other Stuff in the Works
Behind this HTML, CSS, and JS veneer there's quite a bit going on. It'd be nice to take some of my logic and put together some grunt plugin(s).
Potential Grunt Tasks:
- Jade One-to-Many
- Compiles one source template with different data to different destinations
- Provide a multitask wrapper to syntax highlight for the Web
- Because a proper simple multitask is yet to exist
It'd be nice to get Jasmine going for client-side code coverage.